Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Jim Kastam


Jim Kastam was a very interesting guy. Among all the guest speakers we have had in my entrepreneurship class, he’s been my favorite. He was full of class and comedic humor. He told us a story about taking a ride in one of his friend’s Lamborghini which I absolutely loved. I myself love Lamborghinis, and am slightly jealous he has one too but that’s ok, if I win the lottery or something I might get one too (fingers crossed). The way he described his Lamborghini friend was pretty interesting too, like how he said that “everything he describe has curves”. If I was a married guy I wouldn’t want my wife near a rich man like that either. Jim was really into politics and socializing with people, which I think is very important for a businessman. He does start up weekends and has joined a bio-digest company in India, both because the idea of the company was cool and he had always wanted to visit India. The opportunity to go also was great for his contacts and networking, and he emphasized a lot on how important it is for a business person to expand their contact base as well as continue to keep in touch with people they have already worked with. I thought it was also interesting how he used to be a politician as well. I never thought of some politicians also being into the business world, so that was very enlightening for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment