Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Elevator Pitches


We did elevator pitches in my entrepreneurship class and it was a terrifying experience for me. I have major stage fright and often blank out when I have to do any sort of presentation in my classes. If I don’t let the fear get to me I do pretty well, but it’s the feeling of waiting for your turn to come and planning on what to say that sometimes feels like torture. I thought it was cool how my professor discussed his own horrible experience with stage fright and how that’s helped him become better at speaking to an entire audience. When some of the other students went up it was obvious they were nervous, anxious, or even scared of what they’re supposed to do. My professor joked a little to ease their discomfort, which I wish all my other teachers would do so that I don’t feel as anxious to talk in front of the class. It was a fun experience overall though, very beneficial. We got a chance to listen to everyone else’s ideas which was nice. I’m also glad my teacher let me at least wear my sunglasses too.  Yeah, it was embarrassing at first, but I’ve been having problems with my eyesight and the sunglasses have been helping me out. There were some students who did pretty well and others who looked like they really wanted to get it over with. But I think it was good practice for everyone, especially if they plan to really continue with their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment